Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday con't.

The Vietnam War Wall Memorial was an experience that I know most of us will not soon forget. It was sad to see so many names of fallen soldiers. The kids did a project ahead of time by writing letters that they left at the wall. Each student picked a soldier to research and then they wrote a letter to that soldier expressing their gratitude for what they had done. Some of the kids randomly picked names, some kids looked for one withe same last name or birthday and some looked for relatives. In the pictures I posted you will see the students rubbing the name of their soldier on a piece of paper. I can't even explain the emotions at this memorial. We loved the "Hello Dolly" play at Ford's Theatre. It was cute and we all left singing the song!!! Off to bed for some rest before another filled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment